Monday, 28 July 2014
Thursday, 24 July 2014
Dear Students, Please take a look at the MindSumo [http://www.mindsumo.com] challenges linked below. MindSumo challenges are a great opportunity to get work experience by applying the skills you're learning in classes, win cash prizes, and prove yourself to potential employers. All you need to do to participate is sign up for MindSumo using the button in the top right on any page. To learn more, watch their 45 second video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1ssyXoL_E]. Pearson Challenge: [https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/help-college-students-keep-their-math-skills-sharp] Propose an app to help college students keep their math skills sharp, $1000 in prizes KiLife Tech Challenge: [https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/help-us-design-cutting-edge-wearable-devices-for-children] Develop cutting edge, wearable devices for children, $1000 in prizes Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Links: https://www.mindsumo.com https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/help-college-students-keep-their-math-skills-sharp https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/help-us-design-cutting-edge-wearable-devices-for-children http://youtu.be/sQ1ssyXoL_E
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Take a break to mingle with female students in your program and help lead new ideas to recruit future female students. Discussions will take place around future recruitment events and activities in an informal setting - no idea is a bad idea! Come prepared to share and discuss. Monday, July 21 4:00 - 6:00 pm DC3336 (CS Lounge) Female students only; preferably in computer science FREE dinner and gelato * Dinner provided by Zoup: http://www.zoup.com/ * Gelato provided by Christopher's Gelato RSVP by Sunday, July 20 to participate! Please indicate any dietary restrictions.
Can't make it in person? Consider Skyping! Contact Heather Steinmetz for more information | email@example.com | DC2119 | ext. 35144 Heather Steinmetz Recruitment Coordinator David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science University of Waterloo 519-888-4567, ext. 35144
Monday, 14 July 2014
Cisco is looking to hire dozens of new graduates from Waterloo in the next year. If you have interest in software development/ technical marketing and have a great personality, drop by our info session and come talk to us!
Cisco will be on campus July 14th at DC1301 from 5-7PM with free food, swag and a tablet raffle!
Remember to bring your updated resume to enter the raffle draw! Visit cisco.com/careers
Wednesday, 9 July 2014
Yachay Tech University is undergoing an intensive recruiting process searching for the initial faculty team of lecturers and instructors. Currently, the main recruitment areas include: Mathematics and Logics as well as Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The initial faculty will have the possibility to apply for a permanent professorial position and postulate for research projects. In addition, all levels of experience will be considered.
Yachay Tech University <http://www.computeroxy.com/announcement,a591.html> is an emblematic university with international projection, strategically located in the heart of Yachay, City of Knowledge in the province of Imbabura, in Ecuador.
The goal is the establishment of a University of excellence in research and training of highly specialized human talent, and with the vision to become a regional center of science and technology.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Doctorate degree (PhD) or equivalent in the area.
- Minimum 5 years experience in academic teaching and research activities.
- At least 5 indexed scientific publications.
The applications MUST include a cover letter summarizing the candidate's interests, relevant experience and a detailed curriculum vita. Applications <http://www.computeroxy.com/announcement,a591.html>
Monday, 7 July 2014
- Information and Network Security, and network technologies and tools.
- Machine learning and data mining techniques and tools.
- Development under Linux operating system
- Malware detection and analysis concepts and tools
- Developing novel learning and mining techniques for malware detection and analysis
- Develop security data-mining approaches for risk mitigation, automated understanding and predictive analytics.
- Preparing technical documents and writing and submitting the research results for publication.
We invite applications for the position of: Advancement Services & Database Manager
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, you will join the Advancement Team with the important responsibility for ensuring the quality of Crescent School’s Advancement database and the fundraising and friend raising research extracted from that database. You are a quick learner and team player with programming skills, the ability to analyze data and financial information and an interest in the technological side of business. You are also a strategic thinker generating new and innovative ideas of how to streamline processes for better efficiency, as well as overseeing the day to day management of the Advancement Office’s database.
- Maintaining and updating all constituent information within Raiser’s Edge
- Producing complex queries and exports in support of various Advancement, Alumni, Finance and Admissions activities
- Recording all gift intentions and gift entries in Raiser’s Edge and preparing and mailing all gift receipts and reminders to constituents on a timely basis
- Liaising with Finance to produce projections, reports, and documentation as requested, including the annual audits of Crescent School and The Crescent School Foundation
- Preparing data reports for the purposes of analysis – both fundraising and financial, and merges for Crescent’s direct mail, invitations and communication pieces
- Reporting on financial progress of all campaigns
- Recommending procedures and solutions for accuracy, integrity and efficiency of the database program
- Helping to develop additional databases, as needed, for programs like Mentoring and others
- Providing Raiser’s Edge support and advice to the Advancement Team
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and preferably experience in the institutional advancement field, or a related field
- Proficient experience in Raiser’s Edge 7 software, excellent computer and database management skills, proficient in MS Office applications, notably MS Excel
- Understanding of HTML and an on-line constituent database an asset
- General or web programming skills
- Experience with Financial and data analysis
- A general interest in technology
- Blackbaud certified would be an asset
- Understanding of the independent school environment an asset
- Knowledge and practices compliant with CRA rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a service orientation, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, deal with interruptions, spontaneous requests and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive resourcefulness, flexibility, the ability to problem-solve and work under pressure.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science (ENCS) at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for a tenure‐track strategic hire position in the area of Computer Games and Virtual Worlds for appointment in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSE). The CSE department has an active research group in 3D Graphics in addition to a highly popular Computer Games degree option at the undergraduate level. The goal of the strategic hire program is to augment existing research capacity in the department through high profile interdisciplinary research in collaboration with members of Concordia’s Technoculture, Art and Games Research Centre (TAG). The successful candidate will receive an attractive research support and teaching package. For additional information about ENCS, CSE and TAG see www.encs.concordia.ca, www.cse.concordia.ca and www.tag.hexagram.ca.
Applicants must have a PhD in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering or a related area and also possess research and development expertise in the area of computer games, 3D graphics and virtual worlds. A successful candidate is expected to provide academic leadership, establish a strong externally funded research program, demonstrated abilities to work in collaborative multidisciplinary settings and teach/develop both undergraduate and graduate courses. Strong commitment to the supervision of graduate student research and to excellence in teaching are essential.
Relevant industrial experience is an asset. Excellent communication skills are required. Membership or eligibility for membership in a Canadian professional engineering association, preferably in the province of Quebec, is required.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Concordia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of asexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
Applications should consist of a detailed curriculum vitae, a statement concerning teaching and research interests, and the names of at least three referees. This appointment is expected to commence in the summer of 2015. Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only short‐listed applicants will be notified.
Electronic applications are preferred and should be sent no later than December 1, 2014 to:
Dr. Sudhir Mudur, Chair
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineeringmudur@cse.concordia.ca